Monday, July 22, 2013

Finished Hands

Together / 11 x 15 in / watercolor on watercolor paper / 2013
Here is the finished piece from  a few weeks ago. I loved this process-- when painting hands there are so many places for shadows which I just adore painting. 

Everything looks so red right now! Maybe it's the heat or maybe it's just my love of crimson. 

My friend said it looked like these were two people holding hands. At first, I thought "Jeez! I'm stupid for not thinking of that!" But the more I thought about it the more I loved the idea that I don't need someone else. My roommate has a theory on this that I love.

I went to the Whitney this weekend with an old friend to see the Hopper exhibit. He drew the most beautiful hands. It definitely inspired me to continue on this hand project. He captures the movement and tendons so well. It was a lovely exhibit and I highly recommend it.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive