Friday, July 12, 2013

Friday Work in Progress


Ever since I painted that hand a few days ago I've just been thinking about all the possibilities for texture, line, and gesture in a painting with hands. And, my love for watercolor has been sparked once more this week. Acrylic is not my medium. It dries too fast and doesn't allow for movement. Funnily enough, I don't like its permanence.

There is something I love about this in between phase of a painting. You can see just how simple and wrong my lines are when I first paint them (all the "erased" marks and moments of hesitation). But, you can also see where the painting is going. It's amazing that with a bit of shadow and highlight it starts to look like hands.

I should finish this piece this weekend and then post the final next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive