Monday, July 15, 2013

Hot City

Untitled / 12 x 12 in / acrylic and mixed media on canvas / 2011

It has been so unbelievably hot in New York these past few days. And it's only going to get hotter. The high today is 97! And humidity! No. 

So I'm posting this collage to remind myself (and other New Yorkers or people dealing with heat) of the good things about the City. The perfect song to describe how this feels.



1) There are cool and wonderful places to beat the heat in New York: the Met, the Highline with a People's Pop, or just the thought of snow. 




2) That skyline. It is a wonder to see. This view and this roof were a lovely sanctuary this year. (Look at that snow!)






3) I made that red piece above in the fall...I just have a few more months before I can be back to the delectable New York autumns.  




Cool New York! I want you back!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive