Friday, July 5, 2013

Friday Work in Progress





For my final project in my painting class we were allowed to do basically anything. I had two ideas 1) the self-portrait I posted a few days ago) a pink couch with an octopus on the arm. I have no idea why that came to mind but it just seemed so so lovely!


When the semester was over I started the painting. I haven't had the motivation to continue...but I need to. I thought a whole series of beautiful furniture with octopuses or other slimy creatures would be fun. Juxtaposition for the win! It also gives me an excuse to go to the Met and sketch that lovely 18th Century French furniture. 

This is where the octopus will go...I think



Side note: Since, I always seem to have paintings that I start but never finish, I'm going to start posting them on Fridays as motivation to finish! Comments and input on the paintings would be great!

1 comment:

  1. An antique pink sofa with an octopus? I'll take it! Love the look of it so far. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive