Monday, February 24, 2014

Hands and Self-Portraits

Funky test photo from my Nikon
For my next painting I want to focus on hands. As always I am the easiest model for these paintings here are some of the photos I'm using as references and as inspiration.

Photobooth shot I used for the watercolor below

I decided to test out a painting with watercolor. Obviously different styles used for both hands. I like the right hand better for some reason even though it deviates from my normal watercolor mode.


This is probably the reference I will end up using for my painting. It will be in the style of this painting and will be going into my portfolio.



I love how my fingers look in all of these. Sorry for the GPOYs (a new term I learned meaning gratuitous photos of yourself) but I just love this cropping of bodies.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive