Monday, September 9, 2013

Copy Painting: Part I

So for this semester I think I'm going to just post progress shots of my major projects and perhaps what is happening through the long process? I don't know the best practice. But, I'll post the final piece on its own.

The beginnings of my copy! AHH OIL!

In my painting class our first assignment is to copy a masterwork. I thought about all sorts of my favorite pieces (any Van Gogh, Madame X, something by Egon Schiele). 

Deer's Skull with Pedernal
Instead I chose the lovely Georgia O'Keeffe. She has such a wonderful way of capturing the arid beauty of the South West. Since I always feel a bit nostalgic about South West weather when it's this hot, she seemed perfect!

Composition with Three Male Figures AKA Self Portrait Egon Schiele




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive