Thursday, July 18, 2013

Muscles

Untitled / 16 x 20 in / Acrylic on canvas / 2013
 In my painting class this past semester we had one class dedicated to figure painting. I was overjoyed! This is the final piece but there was quite the progression to get here!


Our beautiful model in my figure painting class


The original idea for my painting was to have three figures (skin, muscle, bones). But I scrapped that and started all over by gesso-ing my canvas. I took this right before because I thought I did a really nice job with one part...


So I moved to a skeletal sketch on my canvas paper to see the underneath of her skin (in the least creepy way...)


An experiment painting muscle using texture. You can definitely see my future paintings in this sketch!

 

My color palate and my stick and poke tattoo


The finished painting in my studio



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive